Craving something crunchy? When roasted in the oven, chickpeas become just that… These spicy, zesty, roasted garbanzo beans will give you healthy satisfaction without adding too much sodium, saturated fats, and empty calories to your day. In fact, this delicious snack is full of fiber and anti-inflammatory spices including cayenne pepper and paprika.
Once you have the hang of making them, feel free to experiment with different seasoning. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m sure adding a dash of cumin powder, ground up mustard seeds, or a 1/2 teaspoon of Harissa would be delicious. These crunchy beans are perfect on their own but are also delicious in salads, or in vegetable wraps. However you use them, I hope you enjoy!
- 3 cups of organic chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of spicy paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of minced fresh thyme
- zest of 1 lemon and half a lime